Aging as a Transformational Journey
This six-session course explores the terrain of the spiritual journey of aging. It is a forum, a process and a community for those who want to age with greater wisdom and grace.
The path for the third-half of life has its own mile-markers and guides. It has its own special needs and fruitful gifts. Doing the work of this stage of life requires a journey to discover deep longings and motivations. It is a rich and holy journey.
The course focuses on:
- Articulating the needs and purposes of life in the later years
- Meeting the challenges of diminishment through enhanced self-understanding
- Attending to the needs of the self while aging in mind and body
- Addressing grief, regrets and letting go
- Embracing compassion, meaning and gratitude
This course is offered each fall and spring.
Six Monday Sessions: 11:00am to 12:30pm - Beginning September, 2013
Facilitators: Jane Ann Comerford, CSJ, Phyllis Fitzgerald and Maddie Reno
Location: Passionist Earth & Spirit Center
Class Fee: $60 in advance. $70 at the door. Scholarships available.
Text: The Gift of Years - Growing Older Gracefully by Joan Chittister (20% discount available at Carmichael Bookstores when told you are part of this class)
There are three ways to register for a program.
- Register by MAIL - download program brochure and registration form; mail form and payment to the Earth & Spirit Center
- Register by PHONE - call Earth & Spirit Center and make payment with credit card
- Register ONLINE - complete registration form below; make online payment with credit card