A 6-week program (offered virtually), free to the public, and designed for parents with young children (ages 0 - elementary school).
In order to create calmness and peace in your home, you must first have the knowledge, skills and ability to cultivate it within.
In such stressful times for parents and those who care for children -- with the COVID isolation and worry, enormous public unrest, and uncertainty about the future, this program offers tools and strategies for parents as well as teachers and staff who care for children.
- Cultivating the ability to remain calm when interacting with children in order to parent the best way we can
- Understanding the child’s developing brain, and their emotional capabilities as they grow
- Responding wisely with specific parenting strategies and language, rather than reacting out of anger or frustration.
- Developing your own mindfulness practice as self-care
- Connecting more deeply with kids
- Raising capable kids
“We all have the best intentions for raising our children, but often lack the skills to be effective parents. Attending Nellie’s workshop was one of the best investments I’ve made for the benefit of my family. Not only do I now understand specific developmental needs of my children, but she also presented practical tools for my personal growth and development as a father.” -Chris, father of Tommy, 3, and Lucy, 2.
Responses from the parents that have taken the class,
- not get so frustrated
- understand why their kids don’t listen or mind them when they tell them something
- find alternate ways to respond when kids are acting out
- how to deal with our own anger or frustration when our kids are driving us crazy