Mindfulness and Parenting
Class Two: Kindness and Compassion in Mindful Parenting
February 3, 2016, 6:30-8:00 PM
- Learn the research on the benefits of mindfulness practices for parents of children and teens
- Develop your own mindfulness practice as part of self-care and modeling, including present-moment attention and mindful breathing
- Become aware of stress reactions with children
- Begin developing a plan for caring for yourself as a parent
Free Meditation Workshops
This 60-minute workshop offers a basic introduction to theory and practice of mindfulness meditation. CEOs, attorneys, healthcare professionals, educators, and the military are paying attention.
- Three Opportunities in February:
- Thursday, February 4, 2016 from 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- Thursday February 4, 2016 from 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, February 6, 2016 from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
This class offers step-by-step guidance for developing a personal meditation practice using mindfulness. It presents meditation in a clear and straightforward way. Participants receive a map of the inner world and directions on how to navigate the world within.
- Ten Wednesdays: February 17, 24, March 2, 9, 16, 30, April 6, 13, 20, 27
- Time: 10:00–11:30 a.m. OR 1:00-2:30 p.m. OR 7:00–8:30 p.m. The same class is offered mornings, afternoons and evenings.
Path to Wisdom and Insight
Cultivating a Balanced Mind
Mindfulness is a learned skill that offers profound physical, psychological and spiritual benefits. This course presents the theory and application of mindfulness four dimensions of life: body, feelings, mental phenomena, and spiritual dynamics. It focuses on the wisdom, insights and happiness that can be achieved through meditative experiences.
- Ten Monday classes: February 15, 22, 29, March 7, 14, 28, April 4, 11, 18, 25, 2016
Med 4 - Contemplative Compassion
Cultivating a Boundless Heart
Compassion is central to every major faith tradition. It is the desire we have to love ourselves more deeply and to experience a sense of connection with others.
- Ten Tuesday classes: February 16, 23, March 1, 8, 15, 29, April 5, 12, 19, 26, 2016.
Med 5 - Finding Balance
We all face hard times. Difficulties and trying situations are inevitable. How can we skillfully navigate these challenges without getting overwhelmed?
- Ten Tuesday classes: February 16, 23, March 1, 8, 15, 29, April 5, 12, 19, 26, 2016.-
Monthly Silent Sitting
On the first Saturday of each month, this interfaith gathering offers contemplative support for meditators of all traditions. Each session includes brief meditation instruction and longer periods of silent sitting. Join us February 6.