What kind of field trip experiences are offered for kids?
Programs can be structured in a variety of formats, depending on the interest and needs of the children. Program components can include:
- learning essential nature skills
- gardening and understanding how food grows
- creating healthy snacks from the garden
- experiencing Earth-centered arts and science activities.
How long are the programs? When are they available?
Programs are offered throughout the spring, summer and fall months. They can be scheduled as half-day or full-day experiences. Half day programs are generally scheduled from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. Full-day programs can be scheduled from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Students bring their own lunches. Adaptations can be made to suit the needs of any group.
Who might be interested in a field trip for their kids?
- School groups come for an educational outreach experience.
- Summer camps incorporate field trips to the Earth & Spirit Center as supplemental programs.
- Groups of families with similar-aged children create their own get-away summer day program.
How many students can I bring? What is the cost?
Groups may bring up to 60 children, with a suggested minimum of 15 students. The cost per student is $8.00 for half-day program and $15 for full-day program. Some scholarships are available upon request. Chaperones of one-per-ten children are required and they come at no cost.
How are programs structured?
Programs are designed as units for students going into grades K-2 or grades 3-5.
How do I register for the Kids & Nature field trip?
Field trips to the Earth & Spirit Center can be scheduled for anytime during the spring, summer or fall. Contact us at email@example.com or call 502.452.2749. Please provide: school or group name, contact information, preference on date, preference of lesson topic, grade level, and number of students. Register early; available dates are limited.